In today’s episode, Genady Okrain, founder of Momento’ shares his story of how he got his gif-making app to feature not only the app store (we’re talking multi-country, editor’s pick, top rank, spotlights and more) but in the Apple events and even at the Apple Store’s devices.
If you’re thinking he spent millions of dollars – guess again. We’re talking near 0 budget.
In this episode, you’ll learn
- Why Genady didn’t give up on a failed idea
- How to seize new technological opportunities and new platforms.
- How to give value first as a developer
- Why relationships are the biggest growth leverage
- Why your follow-ups don’t work.
- How to listen to an Apple Event and “get” what would make them want to collaborate with you. (And how).
- How to find the right revenue model for your app
- Why you shouldn’t be afraid of asking me (for a great app).
About our today’s amazing guest:
Genady Okrain is the founder of Momento, one of the favorite mobile tools for short videos creation (GIFs).
Prior to founding Momento, for the past 8 years, Genady led many consumer apps, mostly in the photo & video space in Tel Aviv and San Francisco.
In 2016, Momento was launched as a tool for people to create quality funny videos quickly.
These days, Momento is the tool many creatives, influencers and brands use daily as on of their main tools for video creation. Over 2 million people downloaded Momento and over 3 million GIFs shared!
- He is a heavy coffee drinker and founded the Tel Aviv Coffee group (http://tlv.coffee)
- He has every product Apple ever made
- He will answer customer support emails even in 4am.
- In 2015 Genady moved to San Francisco and in 2016 he moved back to Tel Aviv
We hope you enjoyed this episode!
- Share your thoughts with us in the comment section below.
- Click here to easily share this show on Twitter
- Follow us on Instagram
Want to help us make an impact?
A big thank you to Elad Levy for joining me this week. Until next time!